Basic bios info
m***@tutanota.com
2018-10-24 10:07:10 UTC
Can any one recommend a source for basic pc bios info?  There's a lot to learn and some good links would be greatly appreciated.  I'm a geek but I don't know much about bios code, data structures relevant to bioses, etc.
Nico Huber
2018-10-24 16:58:03 UTC
Hi,

a little more focused on coreboot, but including lots of background infos:
https://lennartb.home.xs4all.nl/coreboot/coreboot.html

It's more about what a BIOS has to do today than what it did initially.

Nico
2018-10-25 01:07:06 UTC
Thank you.  I should have plenty to keep my brain busy this winter!
Hi,
https://lennartb.home.xs4all.nl/coreboot/coreboot.html <https://lennartb.home.xs4all.nl/coreboot/coreboot.html>