intel/i82801dx SMM memory size?
ron minnich
2018-10-03 03:59:08 UTC
I'm wondering ... does anyone know the limits on SMM memory size for this
part?

I'm looking for a mainboard emulation which can support the larger sizes,
e.g. 8M.

thanks

ron
Kyösti Mälkki
2018-10-11 11:06:09 UTC
Post by ron minnich
I'm wondering ... does anyone know the limits on SMM memory size for this
part?
SMM memory size was determined by the MCH part, not ICH. The boards we had
with i82801dx used ASEG with 128 kiB of SMRAM. The only remaining user of
i82801dx couples with e7505 that could handle 1 MiB of TSEG.
Post by ron minnich
I'm looking for a mainboard emulation which can support the larger sizes,
e.g. 8M.
Out of the box, not supported. But emulation/qemu-q35 can do that if you
add "select SMM_TSEG" and some glue logic to write those TSEG related
registers. You also need a recent QEMU, 2.10 or later.

thanks
Post by ron minnich
ron