[coreboot] Video not seen with BayTrail-I platform Board which has DVI/HDMI interface
galla rao
2018-11-08 10:08:15 UTC
Hi All,

Am facing Gfx Enablement failure, i don't see any Video output on my screen

Config file has below settings

CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_ID="8086,0f31"
CONFIG_DRIVERS_PS2_KEYBOARD is not set
CONFIG_ONBOARD_VGA_IS_PRIMARY=y
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS=y
CONFIG_UDELAY_IO is not set
CONFIG_DCACHE_RAM_BASE=0xfef00000
CONFIG_DCACHE_RAM_SIZE=0x4000
CONFIG_ACPI_SSDTX_NUM=0
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_FILE="../intel/cpu/baytrail/vbios/Vga.dat"
CONFIG_PCI_64BIT_PREF_MEM is not set

BIOS log specific to Video output onto terminal

2018-11-08 11:02:02 UTC
Hi Jose,

Thanks for a quick response

Enabled framebuffer in Config as given in inserted picture and am using
uefipayload but not seabios

[image: image.png]

To add more to this

MinnowMax + VGA -> Display is seen
BayleyBay + VGA -> Display is not seen

Does the FSP-master\FSP-master\BayTrailFspBinPkg\Vbios\vga.dat needs any
change?

Do you think in the hardware the DDI0, DDI1 pins and clk/data can have an
impact and needs to be measured

Regards
Ranga
If you are using tianocore as payload you should choose vesa framebuffer
option and text mode in seabios
JT
2018-11-08 20:35:35 UTC
Hello Ranga,
Post by galla rao
Does the FSP-master\FSP-master\BayTrailFspBinPkg\Vbios\vga.dat needs any
change?
this Video BIOS includes a VBT (Video BIOS Table) full of options
(Vga.bsf in the same directory describes all of them). You usually use
a VBT that is adapted to your mainboard (or adapt it yourself using
Intels binary modification tool and that .bsf file).

Best option is probably to find a VBIOS or VBT for BayleyBay and use
that.

Hope that helps,
Nico