[coreboot] Status Thinkpad T410
kinky_nekoboi
2018-11-08 09:38:38 UTC
is there any work going on in the T410 Port ?

Hardware is simular to X201

I heard some people succesfully flashed x201 roms.
Angel Pons
2018-11-08 09:49:07 UTC
Hello nekoboi,
Post by kinky_nekoboi
is there any work going on in the T410 Port ?
Hardware is simular to X201
I heard some people succesfully flashed x201 roms.
I recall seeing a gerrit patch for it, though it is old. I would work on it
but I don't have any Thinkpad (let alone a T410). And I have too many
computers already, so buying one isn't a sane option for me.

Best regards,

Angel Pons Pons
Peter Lemenkov
2018-11-08 16:30:00 UTC
Hello!
Post by Angel Pons
Hello nekoboi,
Post by kinky_nekoboi
is there any work going on in the T410 Port ?
Hardware is simular to X201
I heard some people succesfully flashed x201 roms.
I recall seeing a gerrit patch for it, though it is old. I would work on it but I don't have any Thinkpad (let alone a T410).
Btw I've updated recently both t410 and t410s patches from gerrit
according to the recent coreboot changes, but I've got the same story
- I don't have hardware to test.
--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.
kinky_nekoboi
2018-11-08 16:34:13 UTC
I have hardware to test,
T410 with intel gpu + little flashing tool collection.
i am waiting for instructions
Post by Peter Lemenkov
Hello!
Mike Banon
2018-11-08 16:40:08 UTC
Go to review.coreboot.org, search for the recently updated T410
patches and apply them to your locally cloned coreboot, then build and
test it. Let us know if you have a trouble at any step
On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:35 PM kinky_nekoboi
Post by kinky_nekoboi
I have hardware to test,
T410 with intel gpu + little flashing tool collection.
i am waiting for instructions
Post by Peter Lemenkov
Hello!
kinky_nekoboi
2018-11-08 19:29:43 UTC
ok the problems start when i try to merge the patch found on

https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/11791

into a coreboot master clone ...

any guide? i am not that advanced in git
Post by kinky_nekoboi
I have hardware to test,
T410 with intel gpu + little flashing tool collection.
i am waiting for instructions
Post by Peter Lemenkov
Hello!
kinky_nekoboi
2018-11-08 19:41:02 UTC
ok this issue was caused by a merge conflict... i downloaded the tar
file and extracted it.

compilation fails with:

src/mainboard/lenovo/t410/romstage.c:320:2: error: implicit declaration
of function 'init_tpm' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  init_tpm(s3resume);
  ^~~~~~~~
    CC         romstage/northbridge/intel/nehalem/raminit.o
    CC         romstage/southbridge/intel/bd82x6x/early_me.o
    CC         romstage/southbridge/intel/bd82x6x/early_rcba.o
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [Makefile:338:
build/romstage/mainboard/lenovo/t410/romstage.o] Fehler 1
Post by kinky_nekoboi
I have hardware to test,
T410 with intel gpu + little flashing tool collection.
i am waiting for instructions
Post by Peter Lemenkov
Hello!
Nico Huber
2018-11-08 19:59:14 UTC
Post by kinky_nekoboi
ok this issue was caused by a merge conflict... i downloaded the tar
file and extracted it.
You can checkout (not cherry-pick) the patch from Gerrit, then have a
look at the following:

$ git diff HEAD^..origin/master -- src/mainboard/lenovo/x201/

This should show you the changes that were made to the X201 (closest
supported relative) in the meantime. You might have to replicate most
(maybe all) of these changes for the T410.

Now that I thought about it, you can just look what was the parent of
the commit on Gerrit (what I just did) and use that (no need to checkout
the commit):

$ git diff 2819a40ed3..origin/master -- src/mainboard/lenovo/x201/

Nico
kinky_nekoboi
2018-11-08 20:18:57 UTC
just found out that the author of this patch/port is also german
speaking and lifes in the same city area as me. i will mail him, than i
dont have to spam this mailing list with my broken english anymore about
the T410.