[coreboot] FYI: Raptor's new POWER9-based "Blackbird" open for pre-order
Merlin Büge
2018-11-25 19:46:13 UTC
Hi all,

Just for your interest, there's a new POWER9-based mainboard from
Raptor called "Blackbird", with a much lower price point than the
TalosII which seems to be more desktop class than server oriented:

https://secure.raptorcs.com/content/BK1MB1/intro.html

There's also a 4-core and an 8-core bundle:
https://secure.raptorcs.com/content/BK1B01/purchase.html
https://secure.raptorcs.com/content/BK1B02/purchase.html

This could make for a nice coreboot target, since so much documentation
is open, and since it shares the open source spirit with coreboot...

Documentation is available on the wiki:
https://wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Main_Page

Cheers, Merlin

PS: I know this isn't fully on-topic, so I hope nobody minds me
sharing it here.

PPS: There's a special pricing going on until monday midnight!
--
Merlin Büge
Timothy Pearson
2018-11-27 20:25:09 UTC